2. I'LL SEND YOU THE MUSIC AS A GIFT
If you've ordered MP3s, I'll email you a link you can use to download the music and (in most cases) lyrics. If you've ordered physical albums, allow 1–2 weeks for delivery.
- Treat the music as sacred. Engage with it, give it your attention.
- Call, email, write, or voice-message me with honest feedback about it. Your impressions needn't be "expert" or "positive." Just describe what you experience from the music. That info is a gift to me.
- Turn someone else on to it—online, or even better, in person. If you share it, it may increase in value, because now it will remind you of each other.
- Volunteer to be a research subject for my forthcoming book, which involves practicing one of ten ways to make music more special, for a week, and then giving me feedback.
- Pay it forward by treating other people’s music as sacred.
- If the music inspires you to do something creative, generous, playful, or new, then do it, and think of that as a gift you're giving the world, even if it doesn't obviously benefit people.
- Paypal or credit card using the Donate button at the bottom of this page, or with this email address: email@example.com.
- US or Canadian check to Michael Holt, Box 1087, Truro, MA, USA, 02666.
- If you have a different currency, then estimate the conversion, fold up your paper money, wrap it in some paper, and send it to the above address.
- Suggest another money transfer method.
Off The Record: MP3s
24 Preludes for Piano: MP3s or double CD
Michael Holt's Greatest Hits: MP3s
Jubilation!: MP3s or CD
The Dawn Chorus: MP3s
Windows: MP3s or CD
Someone Still Loves You Michael Holt: MP3s
Pilot Single: MP3s
I'm Here With You: MP3s or CD
Pajama Garden: MP3s or CD plus 8" color booklet
Best Of The Connotations: MP3s
The Connotations (Live at CBGB): MP3s or cassette tape
The Connotations Anthology: MP3s
SONGS OF THE WEEK
Another way into my music is through “Holt Songs of the Week.” I’m sending out virtually every piece I've ever written, one per week, in alphabetical order, for free. This includes the songs on all my albums, my songs on the Mommyheads and Connotations albums, live recordings, unreleased studio recordings, multilayered home recordings, a few videos, and early, lo-fi recordings made on cheap tape machines. A huge range of styles from 80s New Wave, dark art ballads, and classical instrumentals, to melodic pop, electronica, indie-rock, and wholesome folk.
There are two ways to partake:
- Click here to join a Facebook group where I post the selections weekly, and you can be part of conversations about them.
- Or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you’d like to subscribe, and I'll send the song to your inbox each week. This is the surer way to not miss a week, and it will also include a link to the week's Facebook conversation.
Each song will come with a little story about what inspired it, who played on it, etc. Vocal songs will include the lyrics. You’re not expected to listen to every song, or to comment on them. And you can unjoin or unsubscribe at any time.